30 April 2005

An e-mail That I Received From Senator DeWine

April 29, 2005 Dear Andrew: Thank you for contacting me regarding the judicial confirmation process. I appreciate knowing your views. I take my constitutional duty in the judicial confirmation process very seriously. I have worked hard to help confirm 205 of President Bush's judicial nominees. In my role as a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I've been able to ensure confirmation of all of President Bush's federal judicial nominees from Ohio, including five federal District Judges and two federal Court of Appeals Judges. Currently, there are two upcoming vacancies in Ohio. U.S. District Court Judge Walter Rice from the Southern District of Ohio and U.S. District Court Judge David Katz from the Northern District of Ohio recently decided to assume senior status. I will work hard to ensure that the best possible candidates are nominated to fill those vacancies. Furthermore, I have voted consistently to end the Democrat filibusters of President Bush's judicial nominees. Specifically, I voted eight times for Miguel Estrada, four times for Priscilla Owen, three times for William Pryor, once for Carolyn Kuhl, once for Janice Rogers Brown, and once for Charles Pickering. In short, I have participated actively in moving virtually all of President Bush's nominees forward. Regrettably, but understandably, Miguel Estrada withdrew his nomination, and Charles Pickering and Claude Allen declined to be re-nominated by the President this year. I anticipate that I will once again support the President's remaining nominees who were blocked in the last Congress. Again, thank you for contacting me. If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to contact me anytime. Very respectfully yours, MIKE DeWINE United States Senator RMD/cy Help Put A Stop To The Most Dangerous Organization In America. We are trying to organize a march on all of the ACLU state offices in all of the 50 states. To help in this matter, we are trying to raise money to pay for advertising in our nation's newspapers promoting the march. You can help. Visit Bulldoze The ACLU online store and buy a bumper sticker or t-shirt. All of the proceedes will be going into advertising for this march. Thank You.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Allen said...

Voinovich(sp?) is another matter........at least on Bolton...I think Voinovich is pro Bush's judicial nominees..

4/30/2005 10:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home