08 May 2005

Church Expels Members Who Voted For Kerry

My original topic was blown out of the water by events that changed. I was going to address the suspension of a teenager for talking with his mother on his cellular phone during his lunch. His mother by-the-way is deployed in Iraq. But through the efforts of outraged citizens flooding the school with telephone calls, they have decided to allow this young man to return to school on Monday. So, I came across a story on Heartland W/ John Kasich on FoxNews. It seems that a Baptist Pastor, Chan Chandler, has instructed his congregation that if they didn't support President George W. Bush and they voted for John Kerry in the religion, they should repent and pledge to support the President, or leave the church. Now, as much as I dislike John Kerry and the liberal stance that he takes, I believe that my vote is between God, The United States, and me. Preachers shouldn't be dictating to their congregations who to or not to vote for. I believe that they do have the responsibility to put out moral information. Tell the congregation that abortion is a sin. Tell the congregation that same-sex marriage is not condoned by the church. Tell the congregation the churches stance on the issues. But endorsement of a particular candidate is a personal choice of the member. There is a reason why our votes are secret. Because it is a personal choice. This Pastor did nothing to help the Conservative cause by doing this. He has just embarrassed himself and his church. Now my Conservative partners in the effort that I'm engaged in may disagree with me. But this is something that shouldn't be happening. I would hope that if they value that freedom to choose our elected officials as much as I do, they would understand and agree. If not, I would hope that they would agree to disagree. Help Put A Stop To The Most Dangerous Organization In America. We are trying to organize a march on all of the ACLU state offices in all of the 50 states. To help in this matter, we are trying to raise money to pay for advertising in our nation's newspapers promoting the march. You can help. Visit Bulldoze The ACLU online store and buy a bumper sticker or t-shirt. All of the proceedes will be going into advertising for this march. Thank You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home