06 July 2005

Tone Down Our Rhetoric?

Yesterday the White House has asked that Conservatives tone down their rhetoric about Attorney General Alberto Gonzales. Why? If our criticism of the Attorney General brings to light some issues that the majority of Americans cannot get on-board with, then those issues need to be addressed. The President is going to name whomever he wishes to name. But that isn't to say that we have no voice. The nominee must be confirmed by the Senate regardless of whom it is. If my Senators, believe that the best interests of my fellow Ohioans would be served by this man, fine. But if my rhetoric brings to light some issues that my Senators weren't aware of that could have an impact on the interests of Ohioans, then I would have done my job. I am a blogger. I have no say in this process other than to raise hell and bother my elected officials. And I'm not going to tone down my rhetoric either pro or con when it comes to anything. Nobody has the right to tell me what I can and what I cannot say. Personally I have no problem with the Attorney General as a person, as a trusted White House Advisor, or as Attorney General. But as a Supreme Court Justice, I think some of his more moderate views wouldn't serve the American people adequately. Someone more Conservative is what we want. Someone who will take interpretation of the Constitution out of the equation. The document is written in English. And unless your native language isn't English, no interpretation is needed. We need to remove some of these blurry shades of gray introduced into American life through the court's legislative activism. And a strictly Conservative Justice is what is needed. We need a pro-life/pro-family Justice. Someone to combat the leftist leaning ACLU. Someone who has the guts to say to them that their case has no business in the SCOTUS. We need the SCOTUS to be an example to lower federal courts. Issues that have been heard by lower courts and reversed have a place in the SCOTUS so that they my in turn reversed. The lower courts need to get the message, that unless there is a federal law or a violation of the Constitution involved, they are not to hear the case. We need a Justice that is going to stand up for state's rights. For religious freedom. For family values. And I'm sorry to say that I believe that Attorney General Gonzales is not the man for the job.
Blogger's 1st Amendment Pledge If the FEC makes rules that limit my First Amendment right to express my opinion on core political issues, I will not obey those rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home