14 August 2005

2008 Already!?!

With 450 days until the 2006 mid-term Congressional elections, the race for the next resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. is heating up. My personal pick for the job is Secretary of State Dr. Condoleezza Rice. She has the intelligence, the notoriety, the charisma, and the support to not only become the first woman President, but the first African-American President. I like Dr. Rice because she breaks the stereo type of a Conservative. Added to the fact that she is one of the smartest people in politics, she just has what it takes to lead. There is a website that is tracking the potential candidates for 2008 on both sides of the political spectrum. Political Derby is set up to track the candidates within the parties themselves and not pitting the potential candidates head to head by party, yet. I do have a couple of other favorites should Dr. Rice choose to ignore the calls for her to run. Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, Senator Rick Santorum, and Governor Tom Tancredo top my list. But my first choice would be Dr. Rice without a doubt. The Derby also has the Democrat leaders listed. And Senator Hillary Clinton occupies the first three spots on the Democratic tracking. Governor Bill Richardson (no relation) is also in the top 5. But people let's keep focusing on the real priority, the mid-terms. The mid-term elections are on November 7, 2006 and that's 450 days from now. There are several key races involved in keeping a Conservative majority in Congress. And I think that it's time we start paying attention to those races. Blogger's 1st Amendment Pledge If the FEC makes rules that limit my First Amendment right to express my opinion on core political issues, I will not obey those rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home