16 October 2005

Chris Wallace Speaks With Condi

Chris Wallace from Fox News Sunday spoke with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on issues of the Iraqi elections, the trial of Saddam Hussein, and Harriet Miers. But the most revealing questions came at the end of the interview and dealt with a movement that I am involved in. The effort to convince her to seek the Republican nomination for President of the United States in 2008.
WALLACE: Secretary, what do you think of this group, Americans for Rice, that is trying to launch a "Draft Condoleezza Rice" movement? RICE: Well, obviously, I'm flattered that somebody thinks of me in those terms. But, Chris, I haven't ever run for anything. I don't have any desire to run for anything. I didn't even run for high school president. And so I know my role, and I've got a lot of work to do as secretary of state. We've got a lot of issues, a lot of tough issues, but a lot of opportunities, too. And then I think unless I go to the NFL, I'm headed back to Stanford to teach. WALLACE: Are they wasting their money buying and putting up those ads? RICE: Chris, it's very -- obviously, it's flattering, and I appreciate people who think of me in those terms. But that's not what I'm going to do in life. WALLACE: Well, let me just press this one more time. Political strategist Dick Morris says that you are the only person in America who can stop Hillary Clinton from becoming president. Is that enough to get you to change your mind and run for president? RICE: Chris, I'm quite certain that there are going to be really fine candidates for president from our party, and I'm looking forward to seeing them and perhaps supporting them. But my job is to try to advance American foreign policy, to try to advance the president's agenda on democracy and human rights, to try to help resolve difficult issues like North Korea and to work with our friends and allies on wonderful days like today when we see the Iraqi people turn out in large numbers against all kinds of threats in an effort to finally get their democratic aspirations met.
I know that she has pretty much settled her mind that she does not want to be President. But, I can hope that she will see that her nation needs her. Without her, the people will rise up and elect a woman to become the first female President of the United States and it will be someone who will bring disgrace to the office. Again. We in the Blogs for Condi movement would like for Secretary Rice to re-consider her position. We would like for her to see that only she has the opportunity to keep the Clinton infestation out of the White House. This was plan all along. When Bubba's term was done, the Queen of his Double Wide was the only hope for them to continue their liberal agenda. Their marriage is one of Political Convenience not of love and respect. And to be honest, she is the brains of that pairing. Bubba's 8 years in office was a dark period in US history. He brought scandal and disgrace upon the Presidency and even went on national television and pointed his finger at the press pool insisting, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinski." Personally I don't give a rat's ass whether he did or not. The problem that I have had with that four flusher is lying about it. If the American people cannot trust their leader, what foreign leader can? He was militarily impotent sending cruise missiles where he should have sent planes. And sent men to die in areas with no strategic, economic, or political interest. The country is ready for a woman leader. And it is my belief whether the woman is right for the job or not, if a woman runs against a more qualified man, the woman will win. Former Clinton political advisor Dick Morris has written a book where he claims the only person who can defeat Hillary Clinton is Condoleezza Rice. And I agree. Just think of it, Condi has the ability to lead. Condi has the intelligence to adjust to the changing world. And Condi would keep a level or respectability in the White House. And she also has the ability to become not just the first woman President, but the first African-American President. If shown that she really is the choice of the people, she will change her mind and run. So I remain optimistic. Linked at the Stop The ACLU open trackbacks party.
Blogger's 1st Amendment Pledge If the FEC makes rules that limit my First Amendment right to express my opinion on core political issues, I will not obey those rules. Gribbit is a contributing writer at Stop The ACLU and the co-founder and administrator of Stop The ACLU BlogBurst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home